H1B expiring - Can I work remote from India.

UrgentHelp31

Hi,

My PERM  was recently denied  by BALCA and my visa would expire in 2 months and cannot be extended due to PERM Denial. Employer is planning to file a new PERM. 

I currently work on EVC model. Can I work from India on same EVC model while my PERM is in progress? My employer is a small recruiting cum IT services company. They do have office in India, though, it mainly consists of administrative staff.

I understand that I may have to pay taxes in India, however, just want to explore if working remote is a legal option if client agrees for it.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

On 7/21/2017 at 2:11 AM, UrgentHelp31 said:

Hi,

My PERM  was recently denied  by BALCA and my visa would expire in 2 months and cannot be extended due to PERM Denial. Employer is planning to file a new PERM. 

I currently work on EVC model. Can I work from India on same EVC model while my PERM is in progress? My employer is a small recruiting cum IT services company. They do have office in India, though, it mainly consists of administrative staff.

I understand that I may have to pay taxes in India, however, just want to explore if working remote is a legal option if client agrees for it.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

It totally depends on your employer's remote working policy, and pay policy.  You don't need a H1B to work from India.

Archived