H1B Transfer

Tilottama

Hi , 

i Got my H1 in Jan 2013 but it was not along with i94 hence i was not able to take job till my employer opened a new case in Oct 2015. 

After that i started working with transfer receipt with some other employer as my first employer was not able to find  a job ,now my visa which was with my first employer is approved till Oct 2018, and transfer case which was opened by my second employer is also approved by USCIS but i can see that copy is returned to USCIS because  post office could not  deliver it to my employers address. 

I contacted USCIS for my case update and to request my visa copy but i received a response as i am beneficiary they can not share details of the case with me , and my employer also not paying attention to get my visa copy.

my question is

1: How can i get my Visa from USCIS ?

2: In this scenario if i find some other job which i would like to take, will i be able to do visa transfer with the copy of my visa from first employer which is valid till oct 2018

Thank you in advance for your response.

Thank you , 

Sulbha

On 7/20/2017 at 5:40 PM, Tilottama said:

Hi , 

i Got my H1 in Jan 2013 but it was not along with i94 hence i was not able to take job till my employer opened a new case in Oct 2015. 

After that i started working with transfer receipt with some other employer as my first employer was not able to find  a job ,now my visa which was with my first employer is approved till Oct 2018, and transfer case which was opened by my second employer is also approved by USCIS but i can see that copy is returned to USCIS because  post office could not  deliver it to my employers address. 

I contacted USCIS for my case update and to request my visa copy but i received a response as i am beneficiary they can not share details of the case with me , and my employer also not paying attention to get my visa copy.

my question is

1: How can i get my Visa from USCIS ?

2: In this scenario if i find some other job which i would like to take, will i be able to do visa transfer with the copy of my visa from first employer which is valid till oct 2018

Thank you in advance for your response.

Thank you , 

Sulbha

Hi Sulbha,

usually, USCIS sends a copy of approved I-797, H1 aproval notice to the employer and the attorney.  You can check with USCIS and confirm your employer's address where they send a copy of approval notice.

2. Yes, if you find a new employer you can ask your them to file new H1.  But, you need a copy of H1 approval (or atleast a copy of receipt) and copies of pay stubs from first employer to apply for new H1.  

Hi 

I got my H1 in December 2016 and have it valid till September 2018. My company at present does not have any onsite opportunity for me and hence I am trying for jobs in USA from India for last 4 months but have not got a single call, also there is a bond of 2.5 lakhs in case i Break the bond before March 2018.

I am very confused as to what to do as there is not much work in my current company and also I cannot leave the company as I have to pay Bond money, only if I get a job in USA, I can manage with Bond Money, or else i will be wasting my one more Year. Please suggest. 

My second question is, how difficult is it to get H1B transferred if you are in India, i mean you get a Job offer of some company in US and now your Visa needs to be transferred, will my current employer come to know about this transfer or can they revoke the sponsorship from my visa. 

My third and last question is, In case of the above circumstances would it be advisable to approach any consultancy which can provide job opportunities in USA, please suggest. 

Thanks

Avinash

On 7/24/2017 at 6:58 AM, Avijra said:

Hi 

I got my H1 in December 2016 and have it valid till September 2018. My company at present does not have any onsite opportunity for me and hence I am trying for jobs in USA from India for last 4 months but have not got a single call, also there is a bond of 2.5 lakhs in case i Break the bond before March 2018.

I am very confused as to what to do as there is not much work in my current company and also I cannot leave the company as I have to pay Bond money, only if I get a job in USA, I can manage with Bond Money, or else i will be wasting my one more Year. Please suggest. 

My second question is, how difficult is it to get H1B transferred if you are in India, i mean you get a Job offer of some company in US and now your Visa needs to be transferred, will my current employer come to know about this transfer or can they revoke the sponsorship from my visa. 

My third and last question is, In case of the above circumstances would it be advisable to approach any consultancy which can provide job opportunities in USA, please suggest. 

Thanks

Avinash

Hi Avinash,

It is very difficult to procure a job in USA from India.  US companies look for local candidates mostly.  I don't know how this bond thing works in India, it is bondage labor.  Does India courts honor such bonds? 

It is not difficult to get an H1, if you can get a job in USA.  The employer will apply for your H1.  Your current employer can come to know only if they have your new H1 receipt number and check online, otherwise, they don't know if you have another H1 from new employer.

You can definitely approach another consultant company and work with them, but they might do same thing, they will get you H1, and make you sign a bond and keep  you in India.

On 7/26/2017 at 6:27 AM, satya2k1 said:

Hi Avinash,

It is very difficult to procure a job in USA from India.  US companies look for local candidates mostly.  I don't know how this bond thing works in India, it is bondage labor.  Does India courts honor such bonds? 

It is not difficult to get an H1, if you can get a job in USA.  The employer will apply for your H1.  Your current employer can come to know only if they have your new H1 receipt number and check online, otherwise, they don't know if you have another H1 from new employer.

You can definitely approach another consultant company and work with them, but they might do same thing, they will get you H1, and make you sign a bond and keep  you in India.

Thanks for your response, one can fight in labor court regarding bond however companies in India usually give trouble in relieving letter which is totally in company's hand hence as an employee no one wants to get in a fight with Company.  

Archived