Safe option

HelloRaghu

I did 1 yr of Masters in Computer Information Science. Now, I am transferring to another university. I have admits from Wilmington University, Harrisburg University and College of St. Rose. Please let me know which of these is risk free considering less chances of RFE on H1B after I finish my course. (I am not planing to work during the course.)

I did one year of Masters in Computer Science in a university in Boston. Then I had to move to Kaplan University to save my status until I get another university. I now have admits from 3 colleges and also waiting for ITU. I am determined to complete my masters and secure a H1B. Please suggest me which university I should take.

Why did you leave the Boston  College? I am sorry to say the universities you mentioned are not in your long term interest. Assuming you did not leave because of insufficient grades, I would ask you to look for Public Universities or well regarded universities instead of looking for colleges which will give you admission very easily , even if you have to wait for next fall. Other than that I wish you all the luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 0:57 PM, pontevecchio said:

Why did you leave the Boston  College? I am sorry to say the universities you mentioned are not in your long term interest. Assuming you did not leave because of insufficient grades, I would ask you to look for Public Universities or well regarded universities instead of looking for colleges which will give you admission very easily , even if you have to wait for next fall. Other than that I wish you all the luck.

Yes I had to leave because of low grades.

On 7/24/2017 at 4:55 PM, JoeF said:

Apply at a reputed university, a public university. Avoid institutions like the three-letter one you mentioned. They seem to fall back way too often into their old habit of abusing the rules.

If I leave the 3 letter university, then will the following be good? Pursue masters in Harrisburg University, College of St. Rose or Wilmington University. Don't use CPT during the entire course duration. Utilize the course duration to do well in the curriculum and also learn programming courses so that I can do well in OPT.

Archived