Travel while H1B visa is in processing

soma123

Hello Sir,

I am planning to travel to India on August 2nd 2017 but my current H1B visa got expired on July 13 2017. We have applied for the extension on July 11 2017( didn't included client letter). I'm working remotely for the current project.

Is it safe to travel when my H1B is in processing..?

Will my travel will have any effect with the H1B decision..?

Can i work remotely from India when H1B is in processing..?

This is my 6th year of H1B and i have I-140 approved.

Please suggest me on this.

Thanks,

Soma

On 7/19/2017 at 4:04 PM, soma123 said:

Hello Sir,

I am planning to travel to India on August 2nd 2017 but my current H1B visa got expired on July 13 2017. We have applied for the extension on July 11 2017( didn't included client letter). I'm working remotely for the current project.

Is it safe to travel when my H1B is in processing..?

A:  What is your I-94 expiration date? you h1B processing has nothing to do with your traveling.  Since your employer did not include client letter, most likely you will get an RFE.  If  you stay within the USA, then you can work with your employer in addressing any RFE.

Will my travel will have any effect with the H1B decision..?

A:  If your H1B is approved, most likely your change of status may be denied, and may not get updated I-94.  You may have to attend consular processing in India.

Can i work remotely from India when H1B is in processing..?

A:  It totally depends on your company's remote work and pay policy.  You don't need a H1B to work from India.

This is my 6th year of H1B and i have I-140 approved.

Please suggest me on this.

Thanks,

Soma

Archived