Visitor Visa for Mother and Sister

Bissa

Hi There,

I am planning to invite my parents as well as my sisters (unmarried) to visit me during summer. My father is a High Court Govt. employee and still working and my mother is a housewife. One of my sister is going to appear for 12th grade coming year and younger one completed graduation.

My father didn't get the NOC signed yet as his supervisor got retired and new one about to come, seems like it will take some time (weeks may be couple of months). But, I still want my Mother and sisters to visit US since its summer time and good for visiting places & will invite my father once he get his NOC.

I have sufficient funds to sponsor their visit. In my father's absence, my mom cannot come alone without my sisters. How can I proceed for their visa interview? what are their chances for rejection if they appear together at interview window? should I send my mom first and then sisters? please suggest.  

I don't see any issues, if you're on F1 you can invite entire family for your graduation, in short who will take care of them while they are in US, just furnish those documents and send them to nearest consulate with all required documents. Off course your sister has to prove she needs to go back to school and say she will return in 2 months.

On 7/23/2017 at 5:58 PM, lovely said:

I don't see any issues, if you're on F1 you can invite entire family for your graduation, in short who will take care of them while they are in US, just furnish those documents and send them to nearest consulate with all required documents. Off course your sister has to prove she needs to go back to school and say she will return in 2 months.

I am on H1-B visa.

On 7/25/2017 at 10:20 PM, pontevecchio said:

Why would you need a NOC for a tourist visa? Just have all of them go together for the visa.

NOC for my father from Govt office where he works, which should be saying that they have no problem is my dad visits the US and his vacations are approved.

• 6 months later...

Here is the UPDATE : 

My father government organization approved his leaves to visit USA. He is still working, my mom is housewife, and I am working here on H1B. My sisters are unmarried, one is still finishing studies and other done her graduation (not willing to work either in India and here).

Now, I am planning for a Visitor/Tourist visa interview for my mother, father, and my two unmarried sisters. Can someone please suggest how should I do it? should they all appear for visa interview together OR should my parents and sisters appear separately?

Archived