Bringing my spouse in B1

Matpro

Hi

I have a query regarding my wife's H4

My H1b and my wife's H4 extension is in process. My wife went to India last but one week back for an emergency with my daughter(US citizen).

Now my daughter have school on August last week, so my wife need to be back by August end. 

My questions are

1) Can I apply Visitor/Tourist visa for my wife and bring her to US 

2) Will there be any problem if I am applying for B1 visa while her H4 is in extension in process

3) Once my extension is approved, can I go to Mexico or Canada for H4 stamping or I need to go to India for stamping

Can you please help me in the above queries. Any other thoughts will be helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

On 7/18/2017 at 2:36 PM, Matpro said:

Hi

I have a query regarding my wife's H4

My H1b and my wife's H4 extension is in process. My wife went to India last but one week back for an emergency with my daughter(US citizen).

Now my daughter have school on August last week, so my wife need to be back by August end. 

My questions are

1) Can I apply Visitor/Tourist visa for my wife and bring her to US 

2) Will there be any problem if I am applying for B1 visa while her H4 is in extension in process

3) Once my extension is approved, can I go to Mexico or Canada for H4 stamping or I need to go to India for stamping

Can you please help me in the above queries. Any other thoughts will be helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

When is your wife's current petition expiring? Better to avoid B1 stamping.

3) No, you cannot go to Mexico for change of status stamping. But you can go to Canada.

Archived