Regarding F -1 OPT status retain

Cfg

Hello,

I have a question regarding the F 1 OPT status.

Is it true that the F1 OPT status would be cancelled if we do not update proper employment information.  I recently had an employer change and still did not receive the expected documents to make the employment change and the DSO says that document is manadatory . Also will there be an issue if my new employer runs my payroll but the employment information is not updated in the school.

If anyone has an information over this kindly reply. 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Cfg said:

Hello,

I have a question regarding the F 1 OPT status.

Is it true that the F1 OPT status would be cancelled if we do not update proper employment information.  I recently had an employer change and still did not receive the expected documents to make the employment change and the DSO says that document is manadatory . Also will there be an issue if my new employer runs my payroll but the employment information is not updated in the school.

If anyone has an information over this kindly reply. 

Thanks!

You need to update the DSO at least by the first week of your employment change.

Hello,

I have submitted my new I 983 and the new job offer letter to the university, but the DSO was mentioning that before she updates the SEVIS she also needs the self-evaluation from my previous employer. Is the self evaluation document only for keeping in the school records or is it mandatory to generate my new I -20.

Please advise as it is mentioned in some sites that if I do not provide proper information my status would expire.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Cfg said:

Hello,

I have submitted my new I 983 and the new job offer letter to the university, but the DSO was mentioning that before she updates the SEVIS she also needs the self-evaluation from my previous employer. Is the self evaluation document only for keeping in the school records or is it mandatory to generate my new I -20.

Please advise as it is mentioned in some sites that if I do not provide proper information my status would expire.

Thanks!

Your DSO will know better.

Archived