B2 visa extended stay and I94 issued issued on old passport

Developer9

Hi,

I figured out that my parents i94 was issued on old passport not the current one .

How can I get the updated i94 with new passport information on it ?

What are the chances of extended stay approval after 6 months ?What is the criteria to specify for an extension  ?

Please let me know if any one had an experience this situation recently .

You need to request for I94 extension beyond 6months(initial intended length of stay), while you file your documents for extension, please also mention previous I94 was tied to old passport and enclose all copies of old & new passports, you should get an reply within 30days of your application and need to wait until approval. There is a checklist in USCIS.gov for this, you might want to go through it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/23/2017 at 6:02 PM, lovely said:

You need to request for I94 extension beyond 6months(initial intended length of stay), while you file your documents for extension, please also mention previous I94 was tied to old passport and enclose all copies of old & new passports, you should get an reply within 30days of your application and need to wait until approval. There is a checklist in USCIS.gov for this, you might want to go through it.

Hi,

I have following questions related to extending the stay for the parents beyond initial 6 months 

1.How long does it takes for an extension petition to get an approval from USCIS when I submit by EOM ?

2.Can parents stay beyond I -94 date(Current  I-94 expiry date is till Apr 30,2017 )as application is in process ?what could be the potential issues ?

Please let me know any one have applied recently.

Thanks.

1. It could take b/w 45-90 days depending on load of your application location.

2. Yes, they can provided you received the acknowledgement that they have your documents, at that time your application is pending with USCIS.

Worst case scenario if their extension is not approved they would have to leave within ~30days from date of notice received, it doesn't happen often but every case is different.

Archived