H4 EAD extension along with H1B Extension

Developer9

Hi,

My current H1B is valid till 12/21/2017 and My wife's H4-EAD is until 08/2018 ..Do I have to file for extension for my wife too (H4-EAD)  when I am filing for an extension ?

DO I have to file for H4-EAD every time I file a petition (Amendment/Extension )?

Please let me know if any one have gone through this situation in recent times.

Thanks

22 hours ago, Developer9 said:

Hi,

My current H1B is valid till 12/21/2017 and My wife's H4-EAD is until 08/2018 ..Do I have to file for extension for my wife too (H4-EAD)  when I am filing for an extension ?

DO I have to file for H4-EAD every time I file a petition (Amendment/Extension )?

Please let me know if any one have gone through this situation in recent times.

Thanks

You can renew your H-1 first. And then once you get that you can renew your wife's H-4 and H-4 EAD.

You need to file for H-4 EAD extension because it has a expiry date.

2 hours ago, shekar11# said:

You can renew your H-1 first. And then once you get that you can renew your wife's H-4 and H-4 EAD.

Thank you Shekar11# ,

Even though H4-EAD -expiry date is 08/2018 ..I thought H4 EAD is tied to current H1B validity period (12/2017)

Do I have to wait for my H1 Extension approval notice to file for H4-EAD extension because If I apply it in this month July ..I may not get the approval notice till 12/21/2017 (as processing times varies with USCIS) ?

On 7/17/2017 at 2:39 PM, Developer9 said:

Thank you Shekar11# ,

Even though H4-EAD -expiry date is 08/2018 ..I thought H4 EAD is tied to current H1B validity period (12/2017)

Do I have to wait for my H1 Extension approval notice to file for H4-EAD extension because If I apply it in this month July ..I may not get the approval notice till 12/21/2017 (as processing times varies with USCIS) ?

When you say your wife's H-4 EAD is valid till 8/2018, I am hoping her H-4 status is also valid till 08/2018? If yes then it is tied to her H-4 status expiry date, not your H-1 expiry date.

Wait till premium processing opens and then apply for H-1 extension. Or else you can apply now and upgrade it to premium whenever USCIS starts it. USCIS will open premium processing in August anyways.

Archived