Who has authority to revoke you green card status?

Hello there,

Any idea who has authority to revoke/cancel/void/whatever your green card STATUS?

CBP officer? Immigration officer? USCIS? DHS? Immigration Court/Judge?

In other words, can CBP/immigration officer 1) seize your GC (or advance parole), 2) revoke your LPR status, and 3) send you back to your country (so called authority to make a final decision)? OR you would be allowed into the USA where you would have option to fight back at an immigration count?

Still asking because my immigration attorney scared me that I can lose my GC status if I come back to the US on advance parole only (with no GC) if my GC application gets approved during my international trip. So I don't know -- maybe my attorney encountered some cases with some poorly trained CBP officers doing some wrong things...

So I'd like to know in case of some crazy CBP officer, how much power does CBP/Immigration officer have?

Thank you,

Yury

Have you ever committed an illegal act or been arrested for any reason or have you ever overstayed your visa and/or I94? Only in any of these cases should you be worried about getting the GC while travelling abroad on AP and anticipate any trouble t the POE..

""

CBP Procedures on Reentry as a U.S. Permanent Resident

The CBP officer at the port of entry has several options if an individual’s I-485 application was approved during the individual’s temporary absence from the United States. One option is to waive the documentary requirements and allow the individual to enter as a U.S. permanent resident. In this case, the individual’s fingerprint would be taken for the creation of the Permanent Resident Card, or “green card,” and his or her passport would be stamped with temporary evidence of the permanent resident status. This temporary evidence would also allow the individual to travel internationally until the Permanent Resident Card is received.

Another option a CBP officer has is to “parole” (i.e., conditionally admit) an individual into the United States for a short period of time to conduct a “Deferred Inspection,” so that the individual can present proof of the I-485 approval (e.g., the Form I-797 Notice of Approval or the actual Form I-551 Permanent Resident Card or “green card,” which is usually issued within a few weeks of the I-485 approval), at a later date. Upon receiving proof of the I-485 approval, CBP will then “admit” (without condition) the individual as a U.S. permanent resident.  """

7 hours ago, yshpakov said:

No, I have not done any of listed

Then you don't have to worry about it...

Why do you think CBP officers would be crazy? It seems to me that you are the one who has paranoia.

There are no black helicopters following you. The moon landing really did happen.

Archived