Visa bulletin effective date

SSRSH

I have question on the effective date of visa bulletin charts. We received August 2017 Visa bulletin on July 11th. Is it effective immediate or only for August 2017. 

My Priority date was current as per July 2017 chart and it retrogressed for Aug 2017. Am I eligible to submit documents now to USCIS considering July chart. 

whether INS will accept the documents based on above scenario.

• SSRSH changed the title to Visa bulletin effective date

My packet reached TSC on 07/17.

Since my PD will not be current after 1st Aug , Is there any possibility for EAD / AP to be processed before 1st Oct or it requires PD to be current until I receive it. I am not concerned about I-485 at this time as it requires PD to be current until approval.

Sorry for posting more questions within same thread.

9 hours ago, SSRSH said:

My I485 packet has reached TSC on Monday. Can I think my file has already been received ?

or Receipt notice is the official confirmation ?

Receipt notice is the official confirmation. You can also be sure it has been accepted if the check has been cashed.

I think you are good. It usually only takes 1-2 days to enter an application into their system.

I just mentioned the caution about the need to receive if on time because some people cut it very close and send it on the last day of the month...

• 2 weeks later...

Joe,

Thanks for your patience and responses to all my questions.

Checks were cashed on 07/25. 

Is there any possibility for them to start processing my case - Finger print, background checks etc. before Oct as my PD will not be current from 1st Aug.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived