L-1A Blanket, extended on L-1A individual. Can dropbox be used for visa extension

milkeitman

I had L-1A blanket visa stamped in Chennai in Apr'14. Traveled to US on the same. Visa expired in Apr'17. Extension filed in Mar'17 while in USA and received extension on L-1A individual (I-129, I-129S and I-797), valid till Apr'19. 

Traveling to India in Jul'17 and require visa stamping. For dropbox, I meet all the criteria except below which is not clear. The website says following condition.

If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.
OR
If I am applying for any other class of visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.
Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify for the Interview Waiver Program, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.

Can my intended L-1A individual visa stamping considered same as previous L-1A blanket visa to meet the above conditions or L1 blanket and individual are different, I have to attend interview. Any pointers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Archived