visitor visa for father with pending court case

demsg

Hi All

My dad recently retired from his government job (in india) and 3 years ago he was (falsely) charged for corruption. The case is in court with absolutely no progress for last 3 years. He was never arrested, but to appear in court there is some process called court arrest and gets an immediate bail for it. There is a chargesheet filed and the case is on trial with no progress because the judge only gives dates after every 3-4 months and then someone or the other does not show up. Anyway long story short - the case is not going anywhere, and now that he is retired, I wish for him to visit me. 

My questions 

1. For the DS160 question where it asks 'have you ever been convicted or arrested for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar action? - what should i check - yes or no?  I am confused because he is not convicted or arrested - but yes there is a pending court case. 

Is there a provision on DS160 to explain the situation?

2. Do we need to prepare any other documentation specifically to be produced during the interview and/or if the visa is granted to be produced at the port of entry?

TIA

Archived