Timing Issues in Green Card Processes

Attorney_22

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding timing issues in green card processes.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Hi, 

My husband, an Indian national, is currently on L1A visa. His employer filed for our GC by concurrently filing I-140 and I-485 applications in April 2017 under EB1C category. My current EAD (based on my L2 status) expires on 8/31/2017. Can I file for an EAD/AP before his I140 is approved? 

Thank you for your views and opinions in advance. 

On 7/14/2017 at 3:24 PM, PBL said:

Hi, 

My husband, an Indian national, is currently on L1A visa. His employer filed for our GC by concurrently filing I-140 and I-485 applications in April 2017 under EB1C category. My current EAD (based on my L2 status) expires on 8/31/2017. Can I file for an EAD/AP before his I140 is approved? 

Thank you for your views and opinions in advance. 

If you did not already file for an I-765 concurrently with the I-485 application, you can file it now with a copy of the receipt notices. 

On 7/15/2017 at 11:33 PM, Medicine Man said:

Hello

My I-140 was filed in June of 2016, an RFE was received in April and a response was submitted this week. When can I expect the agency to get back to me?

Thank you very much,

A.

Unfortunately the timing depends on the specific circumstances of your situation. If the I-140 was premium processed, a decision should be decided within fifteen calendar days. 

Archived