Passport renewed after I-20 issued; do I have to request the changes in I-20 before going for stamping?

Jagadeeshwithu

Hi,

Jagadeesh from India and looking for Masters in CS in University of North Florida.

my I-20 has been issued this week and would be receiving by end of this week or early next week. I have realised my passport expires in less than 6 months and hence I have opted for 're-issue' in 'Tatkaal' mode and my appointment is for tomorrow. Usually I would receive in 1-2 days as per the passport office.

Do I have to request the university to issue I-20 again with the changes mentioned or is it okay if I can carry my old and new passport for the F1 visa stamping? Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,

Jagadeesh

11 hours ago, Jagadeeshwithu said:

Hi,

Jagadeesh from India and looking for Masters in CS in University of North Florida.

my I-20 has been issued this week and would be receiving by end of this week or early next week. I have realised my passport expires in less than 6 months and hence I have opted for 're-issue' in 'Tatkaal' mode and my appointment is for tomorrow. Usually I would receive in 1-2 days as per the passport office.

Do I have to request the university to issue I-20 again with the changes mentioned or is it okay if I can carry my old and new passport for the F1 visa stamping? Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,

Jagadeesh

OK to carry old and new passports. But just check with university how much time does it take to get the I-20 updated.

Archived