F1-OPT to H4 visa stamping.

chandu103

Hello Folks,

1. My wife is planning to go for H4 stamping in next 1-2 months depending on Visa date availability. Currently she is on F1-OPT. Her OPT expires Dec 2017. Do you think what will be the good idea to go for H4 stamping whether it is India or Mexico is also fine? Please let me know if any one faced this scenario.

2. Currently i am on H1-B visa with expiration Sep 2020. can she apply H4 & H4 EAD concurrently (COS) with out going to H4 stamping  and get both of them approved at a time instead of applying both petitions separately?
3. If i transfer to new employer can i apply H1 transfer + H4+H4EAD at a time? Assume PP is back in next 1-2months?
23 hours ago, chandu103 said:

Hello Folks,

1. My wife is planning to go for H4 stamping in next 1-2 months depending on Visa date availability. Currently she is on F1-OPT. Her OPT expires Dec 2017. Do you think what will be the good idea to go for H4 stamping whether it is India or Mexico is also fine? Please let me know if any one faced this scenario.

2. Currently i am on H1-B visa with expiration Sep 2020. can she apply H4 & H4 EAD concurrently (COS) with out going to H4 stamping  and get both of them approved at a time instead of applying both petitions separately?
3. If i transfer to new employer can i apply H1 transfer + H4+H4EAD at a time? Assume PP is back in next 1-2months?

1. She cannot got o Mexico for COS stamping. India or Canada is an option.

2. Yes, you can file H-4 and H-4 EAD concurrently.

3. Yes, you can do that too.

Archived