Impact on H4 EAD upon spouse H1 transfer

ravig12345

Hi All

I am currently on H1 with Employer A. My I140 is approved (more than 180 days) with employer A. I have applied H4 EAD for my wife two months back with Employer A I140. Still waiting for H4 EAD to get approved. Now i am planning to change company to Employer B

1) If i apply for transfer of my H1 with employer B, will this impact H4 EAD approval for my wife (as it is still in pending status)

2) When i transfer my H1 from employer A to B is it mandatory to apply for my wife H4 transfer. (Her current H4 with employer A is valid till 2020) .

3) Once i change to employer B, If employer A revokes my H1 /my wife H4 will it impact her H4 EAD status once H4 EAD is approved. Is there any chances for employer A to revoke H4 status as well (along with my H1B)?

4) Even If my employer revokes I140, can i extend my H1B every 3 years (with the new Rule implemented in Jan 2017)? Is my assumption correct?

On 7/9/2017 at 9:12 PM, ravig12345 said:

Hi All

I am currently on H1 with Employer A. My I140 is approved (more than 180 days) with employer A. I have applied H4 EAD for my wife two months back with Employer A I140. Still waiting for H4 EAD to get approved. Now i am planning to change company to Employer B

1) If i apply for transfer of my H1 with employer B, will this impact H4 EAD approval for my wife (as it is still in pending status)

2) When i transfer my H1 from employer A to B is it mandatory to apply for my wife H4 transfer. (Her current H4 with employer A is valid till 2020) .

3) Once i change to employer B, If employer A revokes my H1 /my wife H4 will it impact her H4 EAD status once H4 EAD is approved. Is there any chances for employer A to revoke H4 status as well (along with my H1B)?

4) Even If my employer revokes I140, can i extend my H1B every 3 years (with the new Rule implemented in Jan 2017)? Is my assumption correct?

1. No

2. Not necessary. But don't forget to renew her H-4 when it nearing expiry.

3. No impact.

4. Yes.

Archived