Applying for a B2 visa for the first time ever... Any tips? :)

misspx

Hey guys! I'm a 28 year old female from India working in a private financial company for almost a year now. I want to visit my younger brother in Chicago (he's working on a H1B visa there). I want to visit him for about two weeks and he wants to show me around the city and go to a sporting event together. I'm also engaged but my fiance doesn't have a passport nor does he wants to travel abroad so I'll be travelling solo. We plan on getting married early next year. My dad is going to pay for my flight tickets and I'll be staying with my brother for two weeks when I'm in the US. Also I don't have another other siblings besides my brother. Can you guys please share any tips on what kind of questions the  VO might ask me and what are my chances of getting a visa? I have no intentions of living in the US as I have my fiance, my job and my parents here. Thank you :)

On 7/9/2017 at 2:07 AM, misspx said:

Hey guys! I'm a 28 year old female from India working in a private financial company for almost a year now. I want to visit my younger brother in Chicago (he's working on a H1B visa there). I want to visit him for about two weeks and he wants to show me around the city and go to a sporting event together. I'm also engaged but my fiance doesn't have a passport nor does he wants to travel abroad so I'll be travelling solo. We plan on getting married early next year. My dad is going to pay for my flight tickets and I'll be staying with my brother for two weeks when I'm in the US. Also I don't have another other siblings besides my brother. Can you guys please share any tips on what kind of questions the  VO might ask me and what are my chances of getting a visa? I have no intentions of living in the US as I have my fiance, my job and my parents here. Thank you :)

Even I have similar plans for my brother in law.. any information is helpful

Get a leave letter from your company stating you will be on vacation for say 4 weeks. Do not associate with any 'agents" . Fill up the form and attend the Interview. Eye contact and straight forward replies to any questions and only you will know the answers. Do not answer questions not asked. I would be very much surprised if you do not get the visa. Enjoy your trip.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:53 AM, pontevecchio said:

Get a leave letter from your company stating you will be on vacation for say 4 weeks. Do not associate with any 'agents" . Fill up the form and attend the Interview. Eye contact and straight forward replies to any questions and only you will know the answers. Do not answer questions not asked. I would be very much surprised if you do not get the visa. Enjoy your trip.

Thank you for the advice! I really hope I get it :)

5 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

You are not married. Choose accordingly.

I chose the "other" option and filled in "engaged" in the explanation empty box below. Is that alright? Also my dad is paying for my flight tickets so should I mention his name in the "person paying for this trip" field?

Archived