Urgent: Sponsoring In-Laws

abcedf71

Hello, I have been on H1B visa for 10 years and my wife is on h4 visa. I am sponsoring my wife's parents and they have an interview on July 14th at the mumbai conuslate with hindi translator. We want to make to sure everything goes smoothly, so what documents would be the most helpful to them. Both parent in laws are working as farmers and have 5 other children all married living in India. Also, would it be considered a negative factor that we haven't seen them for 10 years? Please let me know any advice to help them be succesful in their interview.

First, there is no sponsoring for visitors. You may pay for the trip, but that's not sponsoring.

Second, coaching is bad. They need to be confident and talk about what they want to do in their own words, not being coached. The officers can easily tell if somebody got coached.

its very confusing. They can still provide form 134 right? In that form, it just say if you are sponsoring you will be responsible for the expenses. Its very confusing when i hear no sponsorship for visitor visa. Is that accurate really? Or am I misunderstanding anything?

What Is the Purpose of Form I-134? Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) bars the admission into the United States of any foreign national who, in the opinion of the U.S. Department of State officer adjudicating a visa application, a Department of Homeland Security officer, or an immigration judge adjudicating an application for admission, is likely at any time to become a public charge. For foreign nationals seeking admission or adjustment as lawful permanent residents or as immediate relatives, as familybased immigrants, and as certain employment based immigrants, as specified in sections 212(a)(4)(C) and 213A of the INA and 8 CFR Part 213a, the petitioning relative must file Form I-864. Form I-134 may be used in any case in which the foreign national is inadmissible on public charge grounds, but in which he or she is not required to have Form I-864 filed on his or her behalf. Section 213 of the INA (not section 213A) permits the admission of an foreign national who is inadmissible on public charge grounds, in the discretion of the Secretary of Homeland Security (or, for immigration judge cases, the discretion of the Attorney General) upon the posting of a bond or other undertaking (method). Form I-134 is the “undertaking” prescribed in section 213 of the INA. Do not use Form I-134 if the foreign nationals who you are sponsoring are required to have Form I-864 filed on their behalf instead.

Archived