N-400 Delays

gcseeker1111

All- I filed N400 for self and my wife and got a priority date of 8/12/2016 (Dallas Center). Completed our finger printing in Early September. There has been no change to my status online since then (it says we sent out a notice for finger printing etc etc).

Surprisingly folks with December and Jan dates I know of are getting interview dates in the Dallas Center which shows a 6/30 processing date. I researched it online and found out that applications submitted mid 2016 had some issue with how names were sent out for FBI checks were truncated and USCIS had to resend a whole lot of applications back for background checks .

What are my options to speed up processing on my case

1) Will an InfoPass appointment help?

2) Should i contact the Ombudsman?

3) Should i just refile ? Will this have any impact on my existing application

4) Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

1. Contact the Federal Senators Office and speak to the person dealing with Immigration matters. Unfortunately they are both tarred with the you know what. If no joy or no response or an inability to help.  speak to the Office of Kirsten Gillibrand, Senator from NY .

2. Get a Good Lawyer involved. Be prepared to file a writ of Mandamus.

3. No harm also involving the Ombudsman.

Also consider discussing the possibility of a class action lawsuit based on the reported large numbers involved. Somebody has to at least start the process.

Archived