Should I apply for H4 extension when change of status from H4 to F1 in progress?

smipur

My spouse is applying for H1 extension and I too need to renew my H4, as both of our visas end in Dec 2017. But 5 months ago, in Feb 2017, I applied for Change of status from H4 to F1, as I have started university course, but have not received the change of status yet. So please let me know, do I need to apply for H4 extension along with my spouse, as spouses company is asking for my documents as well or we should inform them that my change of status is in progress. And what if I do not apply with my spouse now and also my change of status gets rejected, then what should I do?

3 hours ago, smipur said:

My spouse is applying for H1 extension and I too need to renew my H4, as both of our visas end in Dec 2017. But 5 months ago, in Feb 2017, I applied for Change of status from H4 to F1, as I have started university course, but have not received the change of status yet. So please let me know, do I need to apply for H4 extension along with my spouse, as spouses company is asking for my documents as well or we should inform them that my change of status is in progress. And what if I do not apply with my spouse now and also my change of status gets rejected, then what should I do?

Don't apply now. You still have a lot of time left on your H-4. Wait till November and then you can decide.

Archived