H4 EAD while pending H1B & H4 Extensions

pratima99

Hi ,

We just got our H1B and H4 extensions applied by my Husbands employer ,while they refused to apply my H4 EAD they suggested that I can send my H4 extension Reciept Notice in the package along with H4 EAD application .

Would this work ?

OR

SHould I be waiting till my extension is approved for applying H4 EAD

Ask them if they can include the documents that you mail them as part of their packet. I did this for my wife and it worked out okay. I included the $410 check, plus all documents required and mailed it to the attorney, and the put it in the same H4 packet and sent it to USCIS. When you combine them and apply it happens faster and is convenient. The employer's attorney gets all the receipt notice, RFE's if any, for the H4, while we get the receipt notice and RFE's for the EAD application. If none of this is possible, just wait till it is fully approved. A receipt notice might not guarantee that your H4 is approved and may not prove your eligibility for an EAD. Read the instructions PDF of the EAD immigration form ( Instructions for Form I-765 (PDF, 332 KB) )

Thanks vicky20

We did already file our extensions and recieved the Reciept Notices . I am utterly confused on what to do now , i,.e Should I go ahead and apply H4 EAD  or wait until the extensions approval . I want to get my hands on H4 EAD before the Senate takes an action on it . 

Thanks for the input though ,appreciate it.

If you are desperate you should submit. If the govt dismiss the h4 ead program it should affect all ead, not just the new ones. Like I posted on another thread the card will be valid only as long as the current h1 is, and you would reapply again to renew. This is just my opinion. May be untrue. 

Archived