Can you tell if I'm eligible for drop box if i goto india in nov 2017? Expired H1B visa in oct 2016

Divyac0907

My H1 B visa expired in oct 2016. I got an extension until dec 2018. I have plans to travel to India in nov 2017. Drop box eligibility says that my prior h1b visa should be expired in the last 12 months. I'm filling the form for visa interview/drop box now (as of june 2017). Do I have to answer "yes" or "no" for the question "did your prior h1b visa expire within last 12 months?" because as of today it's been only 8 months since my prior h1b is expired.

Please advise and I appreciate any quick responses. Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Divyac0907 said:

My H1 B visa expired in oct 2016. I got an extension until dec 2018. I have plans to travel to India in nov 2017. Drop box eligibility says that my prior h1b visa should be expired in the last 12 months. I'm filling the form for visa interview/drop box now (as of june 2017). Do I have to answer "yes" or "no" for the question "did your prior h1b visa expire within last 12 months?" because as of today it's been only 8 months since my prior h1b is expired.

Please advise and I appreciate any quick responses. Thanks in advance.

@Divyac0907

"Drop box eligibility says that my prior h1b visa should be expired in the last 12 months"

As your visa is expired in Oct 2016,

you are eligible for DropBox until Oct 2017.( as it's within 12 months)

Archived