Getting Married on B2 visa with H1B visa holder in the US

Aaron01

My GF wants to come to the US on B2 visa for tourism and pleasure. If she has a good time with me she might get married to me in the US.  I'm on the H1B visa. After reading lot of forums on this topic, I still have following doubts,

1. I know she can come to the US and get married here. But at the port of entry what does she has to say if immigration officials ask the purpose of the US visit.

2. Does she has to go back to her home country and apply for the H4 visa or can she do COS here?

3. After getting entry to the US when can she marry me? Would there be any necessary gap between US entry and marriage if she is not planning to do COS here?

4. When can she apply for the H4 visa after she went back to her home country?

5. She has not applied for the B2 visa yet. Would there be any issue in B2 visa application approval since I would be inviting her and sponsoring her visa to the US?

I'd highly appreciate if someone clarifies my doubts.

1) Port of entry official can decline the entry if she tells the truth (came to date and marry boyfriend if things go good)

2) She can COS but have to get stamped if she goes to India

3) She cannot file for change of status in first 90 days

4) She can apply as soon as possible (considering her H4 is approved)

5) She might be asked questions related to, why you are sponsoring and why she cannot sponsor herself etc.

@pontevecchio, Neither we can marry in my home country nor in her home country. The marriage laws in India and Indonesia are different and difficult to follow. That's why we are thinking to get married in US.  

"Good time with me" means we are compatible and ready to commit each other.

I hope this helps you to answer my queries.

Archived