Matamoros H1B stamping questions

PradeepReddi

1) i will be crossing the border by land. my visa stamp is expired. Do I have to apply for Mexican visa before I cross the border? 

2)my wife is accompanying me, she has valid visa stamp, does she also need Mexican visa? 

If not, is there a form she has to fill before crossing border? 

Thanks 

16 hours ago, message2pradeep said:

1) i will be crossing the border by land. my visa stamp is expired. Do I have to apply for Mexican visa before I cross the border? 

2)my wife is accompanying me, she has valid visa stamp, does she also need Mexican visa? 

If not, is there a form she has to fill before crossing border? 

Thanks 

Hi pradeep,

It's fine even your visa is expired. you should be good with having approved I-797.

As you are going to attend for Visa interview.

I believe As per book rules, you can travel with approved I-797 with even expired visa for less than 30 days within 20 miles from the Border without a mexican visa.

55 minutes ago, visaQuery2482 said:

If you have valid visa you dont need a mexican visa. 

The last time i went the person that helped me also mentioned that he can get you valid mexican visa once you enter mexico so that you wont have any issue at consulate or while returning. 

but as per the mexican consulate website, we can't enter Mexico if we don't have a UN expired US visa stamp.

if i am understanding you correctly, we can get a Visa at the border ?

just some proof that we don't get allowed with expired visa/valid I-797.

If the US visa stamped on your passport is expired but you have a document proving your legal status in this country, you must apply for a visa at the Mexican Consulate Mexican if your nationality is mentioned below.

Advance Parole, Forms I-20/J-1, I-797, I-512 documents are not accepted for entry into Mexico.

On 6/23/2017 at 1:06 PM, message2pradeep said:

just some proof that we don't get allowed with expired visa/valid I-797.

If the US visa stamped on your passport is expired but you have a document proving your legal status in this country, you must apply for a visa at the Mexican Consulate Mexican if your nationality is mentioned below.

Advance Parole, Forms I-20/J-1, I-797, I-512 documents are not accepted for entry into Mexico.

Yes, you can get the temporary permit valid for a week at border, it just costs 25 bucks.

thanks all for your replies.

i had some email conversations with Dallas Mexican consulate &

as per them, I MUST GET A VISITOR VISA.

fyi, that's what the consulate website says & the online temporary permit website also.

so i am getting visitor visa.

i know lot of guys says they got the permit even with expired visa, which seems to be a lenient nature of mex officials at POE.

but i don't want to take chances of going back to INDIA.

22 hours ago, PradeepReddi said:

thanks all for your replies.

i had some email conversations with Dallas Mexican consulate &

as per them, I MUST GET A VISITOR VISA.

fyi, that's what the consulate website says & the online temporary permit website also.

so i am getting visitor visa.

i know lot of guys says they got the permit even with expired visa, which seems to be a lenient nature of mex officials at POE.

but i don't want to take chances of going back to INDIA.

Pradeep,

Myself and around 5-6 people who been there in May / June came back with no issues.

I even drove my car through the border, all i did was pay toll and cross the bridge.

No one cares over there if you are going from US to Mexico.

If you are more concerned, Just take temporary visa permit for a week like i said for 25 bucks.

While coming back, All you need is US Visa stamping to Enter to US & I-94 at Border.

Archived