OPT student Non Compete Agreement

I am currently in my STEM OPT Extension. I was working with a consultancy as a contractor and was working at a client for that consultancy with following relation Consultancy -> Sub-Vendor -> Prime-Vendor -> Company. The client company offered me a Full time position in their company and I took the opportunity. But, the consultancy people has sent me that I have signed a Non-compete and Non-Disclosure agreement with them and I cannot work with their direct or in-direct client for at least 24 months after my termination. But, I was confused like I am in OPT and they didn't even sponsor my VISA. How can a student under OPT can be restricted from working as it is considered as a training. Now, they have sent me an attorney's notice that I've violated that agreement. I don't know how to defend myself against this case. 

Please, give me an insight on this. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

On 2/2/2018 at 11:43 PM, Justice for opt student said:

Currently i am on a same situation how you handle the situation can you please help me on this 

what did attorney suggested you and finally what was the resolution for this problem can you please reply me 

Currently i am on a same situation how you handle the situation can you please help me on this 

what did attorney suggested you and finally what was the resolution for this problem can you please reply me