H1B Drop box visa stamping in chennai ,india , US consulate location

kkannan3

Hi ,   

Need few information for clarifications on h1b drop box application time frame in India , chennai US consulate location

1. What is the current time frame ( in May or June ) expected in h1b drop box application visa processing in US Consulate location at  India , Chennai 

For H1B & H4 Visa type. Any one did submitted & got it completed/approved recently . Can you please provide details on time frame / information on time frame on the process.

2. I got to know they might call for OFC / Finger prints case by case basis , how the appointment is fixed if i am eligible for drop box & got a OFC request to appear in person.

Under which case there are calling for OFC need for drop box application

3 . My Employer usually will connect the passport from consulate , Can i directly get it from consulate what are details that i need to carry to get the passport

Appreciate you response.

Thx in Advance

1. What is the current time frame ( in May or June ) expected in h1b drop box application visa processing in US Consulate location at  India , Chennai 
  For H1B & H4 Visa type. Any one did submitted & got it completed/approved recently . Can you please provide details on time frame / information on time frame on the process.

There is no set time frame. Each case is unique.

2. I got to know they might call for OFC / Finger prints case by case basis , how the appointment is fixed if i am eligible for drop box & got a OFC request to appear in person. Under which case there are calling for OFC need for drop box application.
 There are no any pre defined circumstances that they will call for finger prints and interview. Now a days number of personal interviews increased for drop-off. There are no guidelines set to know in what circumstances they will call. It depends on them. If they want to call you for interview they will give you instructions. They will give you possible appointment dates and you need to schedule one. The possible dates will
 be very near in matter of days at least a week max. Please see this forum. You can see alot of cases similar to your questions.

3 . My Employer usually will connect the passport from consulate , Can i directly get it from consulate what are details that i need to carry to get the passport
I did not know that someone else can collect passport maybe you will give your employer authorization letter. Normally you will get passport where you do finger printing. But I may be wrong. You will get a clear mail regarding instructions to collect passport. Normally people will take one form of picture id, DS 160 confirmation page, visa interview appointment confirmation page.

Archived