H1B Stamping in Matamoros, Mexico after 8 years

sumas

My last H1b stamping was in India in 2009 with my prior company "Company A". I switched to different employer  "Company B " in 2014 but I have not gone for stamping with my current employer yet. I am planning to get my H1B stamped in mid-July in Matamoros, Mexico. Thanks in advance. 

1) Need to find out if I am eligible for an H1B renewal visa stamping in Mexico?
2) I will be flying from Phoenix, AZ to Matamoros. Do I need to get Mexican visa?

3) Matamoros Vs Tijuana which one is better?

2 hours ago, sumas said:

My last H1b stamping was in India in 2009 with my prior company "Company A". I switched to different employer  "Company B " in 2014 but I have not gone for stamping with my current employer yet. I am planning to get my H1B stamped in mid-July in Matamoros, Mexico. Thanks in advance. 

1) Need to find out if I am eligible for an H1B renewal visa stamping in Mexico?
2) I will be flying from Phoenix, AZ to Matamoros. Do I need to get Mexican visa?

3) Matamoros Vs Tijuana which one is better?

If you are from phoenix then you can go by drive to Nogales, MX just 3 hrs dive from phoenix. for crossing the border at Nogales you don't need mexico visa but it's always safe to have visa and you get mexico visa with in 1 day at mexico consulate in Phoenix.

See the responses below.

1) Even if you change employer , you can go to Matamoros for stamping. You should have proper documentations with current employer and reasons for leaving the old employer.

2) Contact salvador . he is the best guy who can take care of accommodation ,mexico visa and travel in mexico.His details are

3) The chances of stamping in Matamoros is 99% if you have all the documents . I attended interview on Monday and  got it. Same day 8 people got it and the very next day 4 people got it . I suggest you going to Matamoros.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:23 PM, Sam1217 said:

If you are from phoenix then you can go by drive to Nogales, MX just 3 hrs dive from phoenix. for crossing the border at Nogales you don't need mexico visa but it's always safe to have visa and you get mexico visa with in 1 day at mexico consulate in Phoenix.

Thank you. I will look into it.

On 6/22/2017 at 0:30 PM, buzztous said:

See the responses below.

1) Even if you change employer , you can go to Matamoros for stamping. You should have proper documentations with current employer and reasons for leaving the old employer.

2) Contact salvador . he is the best guy who can take care of accommodation ,mexico visa and travel in mexico.His details are

3) The chances of stamping in Matamoros is 99% if you have all the documents . I attended interview on Monday and  got it. Same day 8 people got it and the very next day 4 people got it . I suggest you going to Matamoros.

Thank you for the detailed information. 

Archived