Questions related to I-140 and H4 EAD

hemantpd1

I am on H1B visa and my employer had applied I-140 last November in California. Now it is 7+ month and I-140 is expected to be approved in the coming month. I have few questions which are listed below:

1. My employer not going to provide the I-140 copy to me after approval. In case, my wife has to apply for H4 EAD, I have to send the package to my employer and they will insert I-140 copy. Is there any way to get the I-140 copy from anywhere else. Would the FOYA request work in this case?

2. My employer has warned me that if I leave the company the I-140 application will be revoked immediately. If I leave current employer after 180 days of I-140 approval, can I retain the priority date? What will happen to H4 EAD if the previous employer revokes the I-140?

5.  Let's say that my I-140 gets approved with current employer and I leave after 180 days. New employer files for I-140 and application is pending while my visa validity expires, would I still be eligible for an extension based on I-40 of the previous employer even if it is revoked? What will happen to H4 EAD in this case?

Thanks in advance!

On 6/21/2017 at 2:49 PM, hemantpd1 said:

I am on H1B visa and my employer had applied I-140 last November in California. Now it is 7+ month and I-140 is expected to be approved in the coming month. I have few questions which are listed below:

1. My employer not going to provide the I-140 copy to me after approval. In case, my wife has to apply for H4 EAD, I have to send the package to my employer and they will insert I-140 copy. Is there any way to get the I-140 copy from anywhere else. Would the FOYA request work in this case?

2. My employer has warned me that if I leave the company the I-140 application will be revoked immediately. If I leave current employer after 180 days of I-140 approval, can I retain the priority date? What will happen to H4 EAD if the previous employer revokes the I-140?

5.  Let's say that my I-140 gets approved with current employer and I leave after 180 days. New employer files for I-140 and application is pending while my visa validity expires, would I still be eligible for an extension based on I-40 of the previous employer even if it is revoked? What will happen to H4 EAD in this case?

Thanks in advance!

1. Not sure.

2. You can retain priority date. Will be good till expiry date.

3. Yes, you will be eligible for extension.

Archived