Got H1B receipt number and RFE in updated I-20, but company did not receive any notice

waitgame2017

Dear Murthy,

Greetings! Hope you are doing great.

I requested my school for updated I-20, where I came to know that there is a receipt number from H1B lottery FY-2018 and it shows that they have send RFE notice. I asked my firm about it and they told me that they did not receive anything related to my case-neither receipt notice nor RFE and they don't know anything about that receipt number. I also contacted my school regarding that receipt number, but they don't know anything.  

1) Does it mean that someone else's receipt number is showing in my I20- and SEVIS update? How is that possible?  or

2) Does it mean my case was picked in the lottery but my firm did not receive and notice? How far is it possible to miss the lottery receipt and RFE notice?

I hope you can help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Have a nice day

Mostly I would say just hold on for a couple of days and then ask your firm/school. Usually, it takes time when USCIS sends the notice of RFE to your firm. Just in case if neither receives the letters immediately contact USCIS and let them know that your firm has not received any documents on RFE. 

Archived