DS 160 - Consulate change < Please suggest>

BM211211

HI 

I have filled DS 160 and submitted the application to Tijuana mexico consulate and paid fees to book the interview dates.

Unfortunately i dont see any dates that work for my travel plans. My travel plans are now preponed so now have to go to india sooner than planned.

Now my question is - Can i ignore the DS160 and visa fee paid (for mexico consulate) and start a new ds 160 with hyd consulate, pay the visa fee again and book a interview in hyd consulate. Please help.

8 hours ago, BM211211 said:

HI 

I have filled DS 160 and submitted the application to Tijuana mexico consulate and paid fees to book the interview dates.

Unfortunately i dont see any dates that work for my travel plans. My travel plans are now preponed so now have to go to india sooner than planned.

Now my question is - Can i ignore the DS160 and visa fee paid (for mexico consulate) and start a new ds 160 with hyd consulate, pay the visa fee again and book a interview in hyd consulate. Please help.

Yes, you can ignore the DS-160 and visa fees paid.

Thanks for the replies Shekar11 and gopalakrishnach. 

At this point of time , i am not worried about the visa fee. I am more concerned about the visa dates,appointment booking and my travel plans. 

As far as what i understand from the above replies , i can create a new DS-160 and pay fee(again) and book the dates in HYD consulate. The only downside to this is that i am paying the fee twice . I am correct ?

At this point of time , i am not worried about the visa fee. I am more concerned about the visa dates,appointment booking and my travel plans. 

As far as what i understand from the above replies , i can create a new DS-160 and pay fee(again) and book the dates in HYD consulate. The only downside to this is that i am paying the fee twice . I am correct ?

3 hours ago, BM211211 said:

If losing fee is not a concern, just go ahead create new DS 160 form ( no need to submit it. You must submit it atleast 3 days before interview ) and take new appointment at whatever consulate you want. Initially you may get far away date but if you constantly keep on checking you may get near date.

Archived