I 140 revoked by Previous Employer and I'm in my Maxout Extension

Rajeshkannan

hello,

Greeting. I'm in  a difficult situation and need your advice:

I was working with Employer A till 20th Jan 2017 with a approved I-140 (approval date - Nov 2012) and moved to Employer B (employer B applied for H1 based on my Approved I 140 and I have a valid visa till Jan 2018). Now my USCIS status of my I140  status says it is "Revoked" .

What does it mean to me and My Spouse H4-EAD?  

will we be able to extend our Visas based on my previous I-140 ? 

My New Employer will start my PERM process soon, but will i have time to get my PERM and apply for my H1 and H4 EAD extension?

Please Advice.

Really appreciate you help.

2 hours ago, Rajeshkannan said:

Thank you for your response, I'm just curious, can I use my current I140 (even though it in in revoked status) notice to apply for my H1 and H4 EAD Extension?

With a recent rule effective Jan 17,  I140 approved for more than 180 days can be used for H1 extension beyond 6 years even it is revoked after 180 days..

Hello 

@rajeshkannan, how did you learn that your I-140 has been revoked? did you request USIC through some procedure?

Experts,  I am just wondering if can we rely upon on the status displayed aginst the I-140 receipt number shown in the uscis.gov. I have seen some people stating in this same forum that the status is not updated frequently for all the cases especially for the cases related to revocation. 

how exactly we can know/check the status of I140 status without contacting the previous employer after a job change. does any procedure exists? I do understand that I140 is bound to the employer.

Thanks in advance

12 hours ago, cva said:

Hello 

@rajeshkannan, how did you learn that your I-140 has been revoked? did you request USIC through some procedure?

Experts,  I am just wondering if can we rely upon on the status displayed aginst the I-140 receipt number shown in the uscis.gov. I have seen some people stating in this same forum that the status is not updated frequently for all the cases especially for the cases related to revocation. 

how exactly we can know/check the status of I140 status without contacting the previous employer after a job change. does any procedure exists? I do understand that I140 is bound to the employer.

Thanks in advance

hi, I have my approved I-140 receipt # , I do periodically check my I-140 status in USCIS check status page. and I found the status as "revoked" last week so I have requested USCIS to send me a copy of the notice (yet to receive). Hope this clarifies.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Rajeshkannan said:

hi, I have my approved I-140 receipt # , I do periodically check my I-140 status in USCIS check status page. and I found the status as "revoked" last week so I have requested USCIS to send me a copy of the notice (yet to receive). Hope this clarifies.

Thanks.

Thanks, Rajesh, That clarifies my question. 

Greetings !!

My situation is My H1B  transfer is in progress from employer A to employer B.  My H1B starts from 10/12/2011 and maxout in Nov, 2017 tentatively. I joned the employer B starting from 06/07/2017 based on H1B receipt. 

I have approved I-140 in EB2 ( approved on 02/09/17) and I-140 approved in EB3 category on Sep,2015.  Based on my current I-140 approval, my current employer submited H1B documents and requested for 3 years approval as per LCA. 

Can I use my previous I-140 approvals for further H1B extensions with current employer ? 

Thank you !

Archived