B2 Visitors visa extenstion and documents needed

chait_24

Hello All, 

My mom visited last may for my sister delivery and stay in US for 6 months and she is back again this may to take care of my sister baby after she completed her 6 months in India. She already booked her return ticket for Nov 14th, but I am due this August 27th. I want to apply for her visa extension. 

When she is at the immigration this may she is been asked by the immigration officer " you already visited just 6 months back why u came immediately". My concern now is if I apply for extension and we do get a approval r rejection will that effect my mom visa in any way. 

And I have one more question about the documents. In the required documents its say we need to send a return ticket also. Do I need to send the Nov 14th ticket that is already booked or do we need to book a new ticket for lets say if I am requesting for a 4 months extension. I have to book a new ticket for Feb 16th 2018 and send it. The question may look silly but one my friend said we have to send the new ticket which will show that how long ur planning to keep her thats how I didnt to my in-law that what I heard from him. 

Can you guys please advice me on this. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Archived