Will they deport me for dismissed shoplifting charges?

Piasin

Hello all,

i am on H4  visa, 2years back I was charged for shoplifting,since first offense,offered Pre-trial diversion n case is dismissed now, under new executive order will they deport me for this..?

How deportation works like ,will they put me in jail till deportation,recently reading a lot about deportation...I am really worried n tensed ,pls guide me how this things works ?

i am scored to go in jail.

thanks!

5 hours ago, Piasin said:

Hello all,

i am on H4  visa, 2years back I was charged for shoplifting,since first offense,offered Pre-trial diversion n case is dismissed now, under new executive order will they deport me for this..?

How deportation works like ,will they put me in jail till deportation,recently reading a lot about deportation...I am really worried n tensed ,pls guide me how this things works ?

i am scored to go in jail.

thanks!

If case is dismissed no need to worry.. if you go visa interview/stamping, you will have to carry the certified court disposition and an immigration lawyer memo letter.

17 hours ago, Piasin said:

Thanks @sam3215 for reply.

yes,the case is dismissed ,so they will not deport me or detain me for inquiry..right ?

i mean they will not come knocking at my door to took in custody....right na?

at port of entry/ visa stamping this incident would pop up and asked, you have to tell truth to them.. Have court disposition adn immigration memo letter from your Immi lawyer..

• 3 months later...

I am on the same boat, can you please assist. I was charged under the Petit Larceny 155.25 but the case was dismissed under section 170.55 and the case is even sealed. I did not have to do any community service. According to the recent post of yours as below, do I still fall under any of this category. According the judge the case was dismissed and sealed so Was I still convicted according to the INA?

I am in the phase of transferring the H1B visa to the new employer so do I have to reveal this to them? Will there be any possible issue under the current circumstances. as I am afraid the new company may back up if I will reveal this to them due to the immigration. Please note that the case is already sealed and closed.

Please guide me.

• 11 months later...

Archived