B2 Visa for Parents (w/ Agriculture Background) and Sibling (w/ down syndrome)

sheela03

Hi,

I am trying to fill DS 160 application forms for both my parents (Father w/ Agriculture background and Mother as Homemaker) and my adult sibling w/ down syndrome for B2 visa. Few questions I have:

1. I need to fill separate applications for all three. While making a visa appointment do I have to make three separate one's or is there an option to tag three applications to one appointment?
  2. After reading the forum I understand that sponsorship does not really weigh in much in regards to visitors visa, when we need to show ties to the home country, what should be kept in mind? 
  3. In case of my sister, she does not have education and she is not employed. However she gets a stipend from Govt. every month due to her disability. I am planning to show the Govt. certificate that certifies her condition in case of her documentation. Is there anything else I need to consider?
  4. I have been warned that due to my siblings condition, there may be chance of all three getting their visa rejected. Is it advisable to have my parents and siblings interview on different dates? 

Appreciate your time and response.

Best!

• 1 month later...

Hi mmss,

My parents and sister attended the visa interview on June 14th, in Hyderabad. I have selected Language option for the interview. My parents were approved. Unfortunately, my sister got refused. Here's how the interview went:

Questions to my Father:

• What do you do(to my father)?
  • Where are you going?
  • Where does your daughter work?
  • How long will you stay?

Only one question to my Sister: What do you do?

And then it was mentioned to them that Parents got the visa and Sister was denied. No other documents were asked or checked. My parents had all the medical documents supporting my sister's situation.

I suggest you reach out to Murthy Law firm and build a strong case so you don't have to go through the same experience. I am planning to do the same.

Hope this helps!

@OP,

I suggest you write a polite but Strongly Worded letter/email to the US Ambassador to India and complain about Discrimination and request that the specific guy/girl who made this decision has no role in dealing with Members of the Public and that they should undergo remedial training. You should also call your Federal Senators Office and discuss this discrimination in a polite way. This is by no means acceptable to deny a visa for a Challenged Individual being accompanied by Parents. Discuss the matter with the firm of Murthy in Chennai and if necessary get an appropriate Doctors Certificate about fitness to travel.

On 7/14/2017 at 0:03 PM, sheela03 said:

Hi mmss,

My parents and sister attended the visa interview on June 14th, in Hyderabad. I have selected Language option for the interview. My parents were approved. Unfortunately, my sister got refused. Here's how the interview went:

Questions to my Father:

• What do you do(to my father)?
  • Where are you going?
  • Where does your daughter work?
  • How long will you stay?

Only one question to my Sister: What do you do?

And then it was mentioned to them that Parents got the visa and Sister was denied. No other documents were asked or checked. My parents had all the medical documents supporting my sister's situation.

I suggest you reach out to Murthy Law firm and build a strong case so you don't have to go through the same experience. I am planning to do the same.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your response and help Sheela. All the best for you. Please let me know how it goes. I am waiting for my sister's passport to start the application for tourist visa. 

• 1 month later...

On 7/18/2017 at 11:16 AM, pontevecchio said:

1. Did you have a note from a Doctor certifying her fitness to travel?

2. Did you have proof of travel Insurance for her?

@Pontevecchio, I had the doctor certificate but no travel insurance. It really did not matter even if you had these documents as my parents/sister was not given a chance to provide the VO with appropriate documentation.

On 7/17/2017 at 11:40 PM, mmss said:

Do you know how Murthy law firm can help in this case? Because the interview will be still there for sister with Down syndrome and it would be tough for her to answer the questions as they expect. 

Will have to request the consulate to allow either one of my parents to attend the interview along with my sister. Generally, they grant such requests, as long as we provide proof of her disability.

Archived