Visito visa (B2) to USA rejected two time

Rak234

Hi,

First of all,  Thanks for this forum. This forum is really helpful for applying visitor visa and clearing many doubts.

I am On H1B visa and my husband is on H4- EAD. I tried two times for  visitor visa (B2) for my Father in-law and  Mother in-law over the period of 4 months.

First time rejected after 3rd question could not answer properly, so they tried for second time with good preparation of questions and answers.

Second  time even after answering all questions properly  after 3 rd question they refused visa under 214(b).

My In laws have own home,  farm land,  son and daughter in India  but same was not asked and even not allowed to show any document. 

Visa has been sponsored by me in DS 160 form as a "Other Relative" option.

My questions  are:

1) What could be problem ?

3) When they  should apply further If they want to?

Thanks & Regards,

So, what were the questions they didn't answer properly? Without knowing that, how could we know what the problem could be?

Oh, and there is no sponsoring for visitor visas. You may pay for the trip, but that's not sponsorship.

Thanks for the reply.

Questions:

1) why you are going?

- A visiting USA. Travel some places and meet family.

2) Where do I work?

3) where do  my  husband work?

Only these 3 questions asked.

My father in-law is retired govt servant.

I have not used any agent.

Regards,

13 hours ago, Rak234 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Questions:

1) why you are going?

- A visiting USA. Travel some places and meet family.

2) Where do I work?

3) where do  my  husband work?

Only these 3 questions asked.

My father in-law is retired govt servant.

I have not used any agent.

Regards,

The answer to question 1 likely was the problem. That's a completely useless boilerplate answer which shows that they haven't even thought about the trip at all (or were lying about the travel reason, which is likely what the officer assumed.)

For example: the USA is a big country, what places do they want to travel to, what places do they want to visit? And why? Really, somebody who wants to travel for tourism informs himself or herself about the sights they wish to see.

Archived