H4 extension approved h1 still pending

Hi

Am on h4 visa. My spouse(h1b) employer has applied extension for me and and my spouse on may 3rd under regular processing.

I received an approval notice on June 5th but my spouse h1b status is still pending.

Does h4 extension is approved only on the approval of h1b approval?

When can we expect my spouse approval?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Similar situtation...

I filed both H1 and H4 extensions together in Aug 2017. Received H4 (I-539) approved notice on Nov 16th 2017 but still awaiting any decision on H1 (I-129) as of Jan 08th 2017. It's been more than 1.5 months since I got H4 approval and nothing is happening for H1. I asked few people and they said normally, H4comes earlier than H1 and it takes maximum 1 month to get approval on H1 after receiving H4 approval notice but it's more than the expected time. Can there be any mistake from USCIS side? What can I do to resolve if there is any issue?

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2018 at 3:47 PM, onesegi said:

Similar situtation...

I filed both H1 and H4 extensions together in Aug 2017. Received H4 (I-539) approved notice on Nov 16th 2017 but still awaiting any decision on H1 (I-129) as of Jan 08th 2017. It's been more than 1.5 months since I got H4 approval and nothing is happening for H1. I asked few people and they said normally, H4comes earlier than H1 and it takes maximum 1 month to get approval on H1 after receiving H4 approval notice but it's more than the expected time. Can there be any mistake from USCIS side? What can I do to resolve if there is any issue?

hi,

What was your outcome? My dependents H4 approved on OCT 1st and my H1b is still showing pending as of 10/28/2019. If you got approval was the approval date of both H1b/H4 was same?