221G cases in Vancouver in 2017

gopalakrishnach

Hi All,

I saw similar post at murthy forum where they had all 221G in Vancouver in 2016. I thought it will be good for us to share info and help each other out
morally at this difficult hour. Please share your experiences. People who faced 221G issue in Vancouver in past please advice us and guide us in things
like what to do, where to look for accommodation and how to be strong. Below are my details.

Interview date & Time: June 05 2017 at 7:45
Case created : June 01 2017
Status update:  June 05 2017

# of working days so far: 0 days

Consulate kept any docs : I-797, passports of H1B and H4/H4 EAD, all pay stubs, all w2s

Consulate kept Passport : Yes

VO comment: He wants Labor to check why LCA salary is less than pay stubs and high

Color of 221g : White

Any other info would like to share: Ours was a family appointment with H1B, H4 and baby ( US citizen )

Note: Please update your profiles with your email id so that we can have easy communication...

Please share your experiences here.

22 hours ago, Patel said:

Embassy kept my passport and sent me back after I sent them all required documents, so doesn't mean that if try keep passport that means they will approve, I am in canada from 22nd march and still waiting  for visa. 

Yeah I also feel same. Keeping passports no advantage. Bracing for lengthy painful waiting...

23 hours ago, Patel said:

Embassy kept my passport and sent me back after I sent them all required documents, so doesn't mean that if try keep passport that means they will approve, I am in canada from 22nd march and still waiting  for visa. 

Can you please let me know how many days after interview they asked you for documents. In my case they took LCA, all paystubs, all w2s, I797 approval and passports in interview . I feel maybe with in a week of interview their might be some activity.

Interview date & Time: June 05 2017 at 7:45am
Case created : June 01 2017
First Status update:  June 13 2017

Second Status update:  June 14 2017 at 9am. Status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued.

Got passport tracking mail with Waybill number at 12:15 noon on June 14 2017.

Collected passport on June 15 2017 at 10am and flying back to USA on June 15 2017 evening.

Total 9 working days including interview day.

congratulations

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

Back in USA. Immigration happened in Vancouver. Below are questions asked

When did you come to Canada.

What is your US address.

What type of visa.

Roughly how much money you carrying.

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2017 at 0:49 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

Back in USA. Immigration happened in Vancouver. Below are questions asked

When did you come to Canada.

What is your US address.

What type of visa.

Roughly how much money you carrying.

i think you mentioned in some post that you took your kid with you for H1 stamping. Can you please let me know if you take kid what things ( i mean food ,cell etc. ) we can take inside the consulate. i have 2 year old daughter and she is very active (doesn't  sit at one place for few seconds). Any other tips will be helpful. Thanks.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:26 AM, GC96 said:

i think you mentioned in some post that you took your kid with you for H1 stamping. Can you please let me know if you take kid what things ( i mean food ,cell etc. ) we can take inside the consulate. i have 2 year old daughter and she is very active (doesn't  sit at one place for few seconds). Any other tips will be helpful. Thanks.

I guess you are also going to Vancouver Canada. My advice based upon my experience if possible donot take stuff like kid food and cell. If needed in worst case scenario there is Quizzons Sub exact opposite to embassy. You can keep all your stuff their for $10. Before I started my journey I mailed embassy asking for rules and they said we can get small amount of kid food, we already know taking cell phones is not advisable. We took baby food, 2 diapers, water since we planned to go out and return to hotel in evening. We took everthing in small transparent zip lock bags. The security girl checked all and she said she is fine but she advised even though I can allow this stuff there will be more security checks and their will be more questions for you once you get inside. She advised about Quizzons Sub and I kept all kids stuff including stroller their for $10 and they kept our stuff in secured way. I didnot lose anything. I just took our documentation and kid thats all. In our case our kid was also very active but Thank god at that time she behaved nicely and she was looking others laughing and by the time we went to interview she had a little nap and woke up so she was silent all the time. 

2 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

I guess you are also going to Vancouver Canada. My advice based upon my experience if possible donot take stuff like kid food and cell. If needed in worst case scenario there is Quizzons Sub exact opposite to embassy. You can keep all your stuff their for $10. Before I started my journey I mailed embassy asking for rules and they said we can get small amount of kid food, we already know taking cell phones is not advisable. We took baby food, 2 diapers, water since we planned to go out and return to hotel in evening. We took everthing in small transparent zip lock bags. The security girl checked all and she said she is fine but she advised even though I can allow this stuff there will be more security checks and their will be more questions for you once you get inside. She advised about Quizzons Sub and I kept all kids stuff including stroller their for $10 and they kept our stuff in secured way. I didnot lose anything. I just took our documentation and kid thats all. In our case our kid was also very active but Thank god at that time she behaved nicely and she was looking others laughing and by the time we went to interview she had a little nap and woke up so she was silent all the time. 

Thank you very much for info. I am going to Ottawa not Vancouver.

Archived