Need recommendation on upcoming visa stamping

Arjun07

Hello, everyone.

I just wanted your recommendation for my upcoming visa stamping.  I have been working for a desi employer under EVC model for more than 5 years. I had a successful visa stamping in the year 2013 in Delhi, India but with a different client at that time. Since then I have changed my client couple of times.  While booking my appointment, I got a notification that I qualify for a drop box. 

Question 1:  Since I have changed my clients couple of times after my first visa stamping, will I still qualify for drop box?

Question 2:  Since my company is a desi company, would you recommend going for drop-box?  I will be in India for 3 weeks so just want to make sure I get back my passport in time.  

I appreciate your time in advance.  Thank you so much.

you are eligible for drop box even if you have changed clients.

You cant skip drop box. If questinnoire determines you have to go for drop box. You have to. 

They may however still call you for in person interview after drop box if they need more details or fingerprint again. It is case to case.

Thank you for your reply, Vips1982.
Understood your point on they calling us for an interview or fingerprint depending on the case.  

But I thought it is up to the applicant's discretion if one wants to appear for an interview or dropbox in the first go.  Isn't that true?  Please advise.

Thank you. 

No , its not . Also , I would suggest to be careful with the plans as Drop box sometimes is not friendly . It may take more than 10 days and the customer service is absolutely not helpful.  I am waiting for 10 days now , i have to get back and no one will help .I thought everyone who thinks drop box is fancy , its not . Rather going for interview is better .

If you're eligible for dropbox, you have to go for drop box only even though you wish to appear for interview.

Let say - after dropping documents, US consulate wants you to appear for your interview, then don't worry about scheduling of appointment, it's not needed. You just show up at US Consulate at a particular time - that they indicated you during communication.

@arjun I have heard of cases where someone is dropbox eligible but they still schedule an in-person visa appointment. That being said, I would recommend to still go for dropbox. Hopefully it goes through smooth. If they want any further info, then they might call you for an interview. 

I'm also planning for Delhi visit soon for dropbox. Please do share your experience once your process is complete. Good luck! 

Archived