H4 to F1.. Please Suggest to do within US or from India

Aalia

Hi

I am currently on H4 status, facing a lot of domestic violence. The current visa ends by Aug. I applied in a university, got my i20 and I am trying to apply for F1 visa.. 

I don't have the updated visa extension documents of my spouse or my new visa extension documents. 

1) should I apply with the documents bearing Aug as visa end date for H4 to F1 and proceed? 

2)should I go to India, book visa interview and apply for F1? In this case, will they approve F1 as I have already entered US with H4? Will they ask me spouse documents? 

On 6/2/2017 at 4:35 PM, Aalia said:

Hi

I am currently on H4 status, facing a lot of domestic violence. The current visa ends by Aug. I applied in a university, got my i20 and I am trying to apply for F1 visa.. 

I don't have the updated visa extension documents of my spouse or my new visa extension documents. 

1) should I apply with the documents bearing Aug as visa end date for H4 to F1 and proceed? 

2)should I go to India, book visa interview and apply for F1? In this case, will they approve F1 as I have already entered US with H4? Will they ask me spouse documents? 

Option 2 is better. Since it is for F-1 visa spouse docs are not necessary.

Archived