H1 to F1 COS

ks2017

Hi All,

I need some clarification.

I submitted my change of status from H1 to F1 application to USCIS and it was received on 11th April 2017.

My classes start on 17th Aug 2017.

When should I quit my H1 job?

- Say the approval comes more than 30 days before the start of classes, should I wait till 17th July and then quit the job? (I am asking this because I read that we should hold current visa status till up to 30 days before start of classes)

- Or should I quit the job immediately even if the approval comes more than 30 days before start of class?

- Does COS approval ever comes before 30 days of start of class?

- Will my H1 status be invalid immediately after quitting job or it is out of status after 30/60 days?

Please help asap. I have to work out my job end date with my employer urgently and hence need to be sure about when should I quit my job so that I am safe wrt to USCIS policies.

Thanks!

On 6/2/2017 at 3:53 AM, ks2017 said:

Hi All,

I need some clarification.

I submitted my change of status from H1 to F1 application to USCIS and it was received on 11th April 2017.

My classes start on 17th Aug 2017.

When should I quit my H1 job?

- Say the approval comes more than 30 days before the start of classes, should I wait till 17th July and then quit the job? (I am asking this because I read that we should hold current visa status till up to 30 days before start of classes)

- Or should I quit the job immediately even if the approval comes more than 30 days before start of class?

- Does COS approval ever comes before 30 days of start of class?

- Will my H1 status be invalid immediately after quitting job or it is out of status after 30/60 days?

Please help asap. I have to work out my job end date with my employer urgently and hence need to be sure about when should I quit my job so that I am safe wrt to USCIS policies.

Thanks!

Better to quit after getting approval.

Archived