H1b Stamping in 221g. Wife in US on H4 with young baby. Please help.

Tarundeep SIngh

Hi,

I visited India for 10 days to meet my mother who was very critically ill in past month. I had to leave my wife behind for 10 days with her sister in US. My wife had a CSection five months ago, but her stitches are still superficially open. When I was with her, I used to help her in baby rearing responsibilities.

I have an I-140 approved and I completed Six years last month only. I have an approved petition till 2020. I had to undergo VISA Stamping interview in Delhi consulate. I was put on 221g with more documents requested like client invite letter, entire petition and contract agreement.

I have filed the response in 221g. But I am not able to return as per plan to be with my wife and to support her. Her sister is unable to stay beyond 10 days in US because of her own family reasons. I am hopeful that my 221g will be resolved soon. But I want to prepare for otherwise.

My plan B is to have my wife travel to India and stay here during this waiting period. This way she can be taken care off and share the duties of baby rearing responsibilities. However, I have property in US in terms of a loaned car, and other household stuff, which I would prefer to dispose off if need arises by travelling there personally on B1/B2 Visa or if somebody else can do that on my behalf.

Please advise what are the cons if my wife travels here, when my H1b is in administrative processing?

Is my case strong enough to successfully apply for B1/B2 visa and travel to US while H1b is in administrative processing or in worst case it is rejected?

Do I need to provide somebody a Power of Attorney to sell my items and adjust my loaned vehicle in US?

Any advise is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Archived