Financial documents from H4 to F1

stc

Hi 

I am currently on H4 and looking to change status to F1. I have I-20 from US accredited university for my MS.I will be filing the Form I-539 shortly and my expenses for the degree would be sponsored by my parents who are staying in India.What financial documents would I need to submit to USCIS?I currently have bank statements stating the funds available in FD's and savings account as of May 2017.Will this be enough?

Also would my parents be needed to provide an affidavit of support(made in India) since all the bank statements have their name on them.

An early response would be highly appreciable.

Thanks

3 hours ago, stc said:

Hi 

I am currently on H4 and looking to change status to F1. I have I-20 from US accredited university for my MS.I will be filing the Form I-539 shortly and my expenses for the degree would be sponsored by my parents who are staying in India.What financial documents would I need to submit to USCIS?I currently have bank statements stating the funds available in FD's and savings account as of May 2017.Will this be enough?

Also would my parents be needed to provide an affidavit of support(made in India) since all the bank statements have their name on them.

An early response would be highly appreciable.

Thanks

Better to have the affidavit of support. Bank statements are good.

Archived