EAD/AP Extension process with Islamic Divorce

pathan

Hello Sir/Madam,
Hope you doing well. I am working on H1b visa since last 6 years in USA also have EAD/AP card with EB2 category. I got married in India as per Islamic tradition in Jun 2014.  My wife got H4 visa. She lived with me in USA around 1 year, went back to India and never came again. She don’t have EAD/AP yet.
Because of some personal issue, I visited India and gave divorce as per Islamic rules and regulation in front of Kazi/Imam, her family members and my family members last year in India. I got government recognize Kazi/ Imam Divorce certificate with witness signature and did notarize it.

I am planning to go India for re-marriage next months and need to go for H1b/H4 visa stamping at US Consulate in India. Also have EAD/AP Extension next month. I have following questions to ask you,

1. Is it USCIS accept divorce per Islamic tradition for immigration purpose (i.e. Kazi/ Imam Divorce certificate)?
2. As we always follow Islamic tradition, Will Kazi divorce certificate is fine for H1b/H4 visa stamping as well as EAD/AP extension as proof of divorce?

I will be appreciate if you can update me on that.

Thank you,

Archived