H4 EAD WITH H1B AND H4 (EXTENSIONS FILED BY EMPLOYER)

pratima99

Hi Guys,

I have a situation here that I need your help with

My Husbands Company Attorneys are filing our H1B and H4 (expiring on Nov 12 2017) extensions in coming 2 weeks in Regular processing .My Husband has an approved I 140 and I want to apply for H4 EAD now since the attorneys wont do it . My questions are 

1. If  I apply standalone H4 EAD now before they file our extensions , will it be approved until the validity date i,.e NOV 12 2017 or is the USCIS going to wait till H4 extension is approved.

OR

2. Should I wait till our extensions are submitted and cases are recieved and then use those receipt numbers to apply H4 EAD

Hoping to get a response.

Thanks !

For applying H4 EAD, first you need your spouses I797 (latest approved) and then your H4 _I797 (latest approved).  If you dont have latest approved copy of H4 and H1 , on what basis they can give you extension ? as you already have your old H4 with those old dates, which wont change.. 

You have to wait till you get your latest copy and then apply, else you can apply all of them including H4 EAD with extension of H1 and H4 which would be better. 

Request them to apply for H4 EAD, with the same package of H4 and H1 extension. 

Archived