F1 OPT and H1B got picked but its not approved.

kykhan

Hi 

I am currently working as a full time employee for a company ABC as a software engineer and an employer XYZ applied for my H1B and it got picked and I am currently waiting for the approval. I am planning on traveling to India for a 2 week vacation before I move to my employer in October. I am currently on F-1 with a valid OPT until Jan 2018 and a full time job at a company. Is it advisable for me to travel as the H1B applied employer is different from the company I am working at and also my H1B has not been approved yet. I am planning to travel in JULY. 

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, satya2k1 said:

Hi,

It is not advisable to travel while your H1 application is in the process. You will jeopardize your H1 and may also face risk at the POE while returning back on F1-OPT.  Plan your travel after your H1 is approved and then get H1 visa and enter the USA.

It won't jeopardize the H1. It could only jeopardize the COS, which means the OP would have to get an H1 visa at a consulate abroad, and enter with that H1 visa around Oct. 1.

Returning from travel before Oct. with a valid F1-OPT is not an issue at all.

11 hours ago, JoeF said:

It won't jeopardize the H1. It could only jeopardize the COS, which means the OP would have to get an H1 visa at a consulate abroad, and enter with that H1 visa around Oct. 1.

Returning from travel before Oct. with a valid F1-OPT is not an issue at all.

I meant to say that the OP would not get COS with H1 approval.  I heard some students facing tough time at POE while returning back on OPT.

Archived