L1A Visa for Green card

Jaga

Hello,

I need your guidance.

I came to the USA on L1A visa around 3 years ago. Before coming, I was a manager in India managing multiple professionals. After coming here, I did not have that many people what I used to manage but there are still few people directly reporting to me. I am about to complete my fist 3 years of my initial visa and now I am asking my company to extend my L1A visa as well as to apply for Green card.

Regarding extension -  our company people asking me to go to  India and get a fresh visa stamped and come in, rather than applying for an extension in USCIS. Is this a good option? I feel scarier because I have now a lot of dependencies.

For Green Card - They are asking me to go through  PERM(Labour certification) process. I was under impression that with L1A, Green card process does not require any labour checking process. Do I need to go through this? After Labour, can I eligible to still apply under EB1C category? Since L1 does not extend after 5/7 years, how the other categories(e.g.EB2) of applications would help someone to get his/her green card?

Awaiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Archived