H1B status after termination

kansi

I got terminated recently and looking for another employer to hold my H1B. As per my understanding, I have 60 days to get the job? Hearing different things from different people. Kindly suggest. Also if my previous employer files for H1B revocation during this period. What are my options and how will I get to know ? Any pointers will be helpful. 

• 5 weeks later...

I am facing a similar situation right now. I was laid off from the company as a cost cutting measure that has been going on across the multiple company locations. I wasn't informed in advance but was terminated effective immediately on 23rd June 2017. I see that I have a 60 days grace period, according to some news rules. But my question is, whether the 60 days grace period is for an H1b transfer to a new company or does the new company apply for my new H1b visa altogether? If I find another job immediately, is it possible to transfer my current H1b work visa to my new company?

What is the recommended option? Getting the work visa transferred or applying for a new work visa altogether?

My current H1b visa was valid till Dec 2017, but not sure if it stays that way once I am terminated.

Also, my wife is working on OPT extension right now (F1 Student status until June 2018), so what are my options right now? Is it possible to go on dependent visa based on my wife's status? Will it be easier to switch back to H1b status once I have it approved?

Any pointers in this regards would be greatly appreciated.

33 minutes ago, bipshin4u said:

I am facing a similar situation right now. I was laid off from the company as a cost cutting measure that has been going on across the multiple company locations. I wasn't informed in advance but was terminated effective immediately on 23rd June 2017. I see that I have a 60 days grace period, according to some news rules. If I find another job immediately, is it possible to transfer my current H1b work visa to my new company?

My current H1b visa was valid till Dec 2017, but not sure if it stays that way once I am terminated.

Also, my wife is working on OPT extension right now (F1 Student status until June 2018), so what are my options right now? Is it possible to go on dependent visa based on my wife's status? Will it be easier to switch back to H1b status once I have it approved?

Any pointers in this regards would be greatly appreciated.

Just realized that H1b transfer and a new H1b application are one and the same. So please ignore my question "What is the recommended option? Getting the work visa transferred or applying for a new work visa altogether?".

I have updated my original post in the quote above....

Archived