I 94 EXTENSION AFTER PASSPORT RENEWAL

Hi,
Can some one suggest me this.

I am on H1B Visa have got my I-94 based on my passport expiry date  which is in Aug 2017 though I have valid petition till 2018 and with the 2018  visa validity..

Since I have renewed my passport .. looking for the best option to extend my I-94.. Can some one advise....

Heard extensions have chances of getting rejected so better get it done from borders.

I am planning to go to San Diego Border in July 1st week from Atlanta. If any one wants to get along pls contact 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have visited last week san Diego (Mexico-Border) for I-94 extension due to passport renewal. There are multiple border entry there. I have visited the PEDWEST (san ysidro). There is no need to cross the border. There is separate counter for I-94. I explain them the detail and after paying $6, they issued me a new I-94 as the date in my Visa.

Hope this will help !!!.

hello,

i am in similar situation. and I contacted deferred inspection site (CBP) asking for options. They suggested me to apply for extension  instead of crossing border. I am in east coast , so Canada border is 7 hrs from me. So my question is did they ask any additional proofs to you or any kind of visa interview ? 

Archived