H4 EAD Validity when i140 is revoked and a new i140 is applied

pravys

My question is regarding H4 EAD for my spouse.

I have an approved i140 from my previous employer for around an year now using which I got EAD fro my spouse which is active for around 9 months now.

They informed recently, they might have to revoke my i140 due to some RFE one existing employee cases.

I have my current company file my i140 also just few days back.

So, what happens to my spouse's EAD ?? I read that there should be an approved i140 for the EAD to stay valid. So if the previous i140 is revoked before the approval of my new i140, the EAD would be invalid. However once the new i140 is approved, can the same EAD be valid and used again or should we have to re apply for EAD again based on new i140??

And in case my old i140 is not revoked before my new i140 is approved what happens to EAD that's based on the previous i140? Can we use the same EAD as my new i140 is approved by that time or we have to apply again??

Your inputs would be really helpful in making important decisions for us currently.

Your spouse  can use her ead as long as it is valid. Regarding your old  I140, if they revoke your I140 (provided there is no fraud) after 6 months it was approved, then you can port the priority date to your new I140. You and Your spouse can get h1 and h4 extension+ead based on your old I140 even if got revoked after 6 months of approval. If there is a fraud with old I140, then you cant retain your priority date and your extensions and next set of ur spouse EAD depends on your new I140 approval. Go with premium with your new I140

Archived